Thursday, May 15, 2008

quotes from beth moore & a pooty shoe.

"God is too wise to send the most light to where the most light already exists"
-on callings outside of the church

"We ourselves are are meant to be a tract the lost can read. How is your 'tract record'?"

"I am not too proud to ask the Lord to give me favor."

"Nothing I am holding onto in place of Christ comes close to what I have lost by letting go of Him."
-on putting others/things before Christ

"In me, without Christ, there is no good thing & I am capable of any evil deed. We have to be forced to depravity." so true. so, so very true and so, so very humbling.

& my personal favorite:
"I've got a glorious addiction to a man I want all over me - His name is Jesus Christ."
-explaining a desire for the Lord's Presence in her life

ok, so i have another favorite that's been on my mind ever since i heard it:
"If we are not currently accomplishing more than we know we are capable of, we are not truly living in the Spirit."
wow. that is motivation to me. how about you?

my mom came in from work today and walked back & forth in front of me about 9 times b/c she wanted me to hear her "pooty shoe". she was nearly in tears because randomly her shoe would, well, "poot"...she said she was glad she worked alone. you have to know my mother to understand why this was so flippin' hilarious.

2 comments:

ashleyking said...

haha...pooty shoe. i have one of those!

ahh...beth moore. she's cool. kind of like ruth mcwhite.

Anonymous said...

love the quotes.
haha, pooty shoe. that just made me laugh :)