a song i wrote throughout this summer...
finally finished it.
hope to get a rough recording up soon on here :)
"tonight"
summer 2010
another long night
i sit here & cry
when will i speak the words i feel deep inside
lost & confused
you're slightly amused
moved on like everything we were was alright
you're alright
alright
but tonight
put away all your plans
& tonight
just rest in my presence
tonight
open your heart & be washed by the waters of my love
my love
i don't have words
i don't have a song
all i have's this feelin that i don't belong
push away the world
& run into Your arms
lay my head upon Your chest & listen to Your heart
to Your heart
Your heart
to Your heart
and you said
tonight
put away all your plans
& tonight
just rest in My presence
tonight
open your heart
& be washed by the waters of My Love
tonight
i know you're hurting
i know you've failed
forgiven, forgotten
My Love will prevail
I know you're trying
to earn back My Love
but a cross & three nails
was more than Enough
i know you're hurting
i know you've failed
forgiven, forgotten
My Love will prevail
child, just stop trying
to earn back My Love
cause a cross & three nails
was more than Enough
so tonight
put away all your plans
& tonight
just rest in My presence
tonight
just open your heart
& be washed by the waters of My Love
tonight
i don't have words
i don't have a song
all i have's this feelin
i'm where i belong
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yep. i can not wait to have this song on my ipod and one day a CD!!! with a cover!! lol.
Brit you have such a way with words and songs. I'm sad I didn't hear you sing this song while I was there. Maybe next time!
Joya
this is beautiful Britnie. I was drinking it in.
I'm so glad you wrote it.
Post a Comment