Friday, November 28, 2008

ruin me.

I am a city – built by the one true God. You are my Lord. My very best friend. The meaning behind my tears. No one compares. No one comes close. You bring out in me something I cannot explain. Greater things Lord are yet to come in this city Lord. Greater things are yet to come in my heart, Father. I hurt, but I hurt because you want better for me. You are teaching me. You are stretching me. You are growing me. You are the light in my darkness. You bring peace and forgiveness and mercy I do not deserve. I cling to the hope that you are not finished with me. I am so unclean. I am so unworthy. You are so gracious and you wrap your arms around this filthy sinner with the promise that greater things are yet to come. You are not finished with me. No one compares. I have no idea what You have in store…but it’s greater. Far greater than I can imagine. I surrender to You God. Nothing is sweeter than the brokenness I feel in the most vulnerable moments of worship to You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61LamkXfwk

Ruin me. I’ve done a pretty good job of ruining some pretty amazing opportunities to share Your love with others. You are so holy; I am so filthy. Continue to remind me of my filth, Lord. Ruin my life of the plans that I’ve made. Ruin these eyes for my own selfish gain. Destroy these idols. God, I don’t live for you alone. I live for you, too. Give me the strength to change that. Be my strength. Ruin me everyday Lord…no matter how much I beg You to stop. You will never be finished with me. I am stubborn. I am foolish. I am so immature. I don’t know how to love like You.

Teach me.
Two years? Really?
Show me, Father. And give me the strength not to question You.

No comments: